In keeping with its resolve to entrench volunteerism as a critical aspect of its corporate social responsibility initiatives, staff of Sahara Group spent 1,500 man-hours in volunteer work to drive several health, educational and entrepreneurial projects organized by the Group in 2014.
Each year, across the globe, hundreds of millions of people volunteer their time and skills to help make the world a better place. This act of selfless service resonates with the core of the Sahara Brand and is carried out across the Group’s various locations in Africa, Europe, Middle East and Asia through the Sahara Foundation.
Sahara Foundation operates a Personal & Corporate Social Responsibility (PCSR) model where the “P” represents the platform for implementing the Group’s volunteer projects. The 1,500 man-hours recorded in 2014 are indicative of the wide acceptance of volunteering as a way of life and vehicle through which Sahara staff give back to the society.
Below is a summary of some 2014 Sahara Foundation projects that had staff participate as volunteers
At Sahara we believe that Health is of inestimable value
- Nutritional Support for People Living with HIV/AIDS in Lagos State.
- Donation of Prosthetic Limbs to Child Amputees
- Community Health Initiative (Nutritional Support for People Living with HIV/AIDS)
- Donation of Motorized Boreholes (Kumasi, Ghana; Ewu Community, Lagos And Omagwa, Rivers State)
- Net To Live Campaign
- Construction of Six (6) Cubicle Toilet Facility, Manhean Technical School, Tema, Ghana
- Eye Care Programme in Nigeria, Ghana & Cote d’Ivoire (Cataract Surgeries)
- Ebola support for Liberian Government
- Cancer awareness walk, Abuja & Lagos
At Sahara we uphold education and entrepreneurship as tools for growth and sustainability
- ENACTUS- Sahara Light Up Nigeria Power Challenge 2014
- Kitchen Refurbishment, Surulere
- School Feeding Programme, Osun State
- Read To Me School Project, Lagos & Onne
- Career Counseling Programme, Singapore
- Teach A Teacher Programme
- Teach A Student Programme
- Job Shadow Programme
- Donation of Guidance and Counselling Centre, Lagos
- Sahara Scholarship Project At Ibafon Primary School, Lagos
- University Of Lagos 2014 Career Week
- Upgrade Of Community Vocational Centre, Oshodi, Lagos State
- Upgrade of LEA Primary School, Abuja
We believe a conducive and suitable environment is a breeding ground for creativity and innovation
Sustainable Community Development Projects:
- Perimeter Fencing of Ijora Olopa Police Post
- 2014 International Day of Volunteers
- The Inclusive Education Project (Programme for Persons Living with Disabilities)
- Fund Raising Charity Car Wash
Please click link below for full details of Sahara Foundation’s activities in 2014.